Squash NL Executive Director (Part Time)
The mission of Squash Newfoundland and Labrador Inc. is to take a leadership and coordinating role in the promotion and development of the game of squash as a sport and as a lifelong activity in the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
The Executive Director will be an energetic leader who manages operations, supports sustainable growth, communicates with, and inspires our members and the public, plans squash programming, and more. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will be motivated, entrepreneurial, and flexible and will further develop the scope of work for the duration of employment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work closely with the Board of Directors to promote a clear vision and implement strategic priorities.
- plan, prepare and implement development programs supported by paid, volunteer, and/or sports governance stakeholders.
- Effectively manage the day-to-day operations.
- Identify, assess, and inform the Board of internal and external issues that affect Squash NL and the sport of squash.
- Act as a professional advisor to the Board on all aspects of Squash NL’s activities.
- Conduct official correspondence on behalf of the Board and/or jointly with the Board as appropriate.
- Represent Squash NL at community and partner activities to enhance the organization’s profile.
- Business development and relationship management.
- Operational planning and management.
- Financial planning and management.
- Guide and coordinate marketing and communications strategies and plans.
- Craft and/or coordinate persuasive and creative grant applications, letters, and outreach materials.
- Direct and facilitate community relations/advocacy in conjunction with the Board.
- Network and build partnerships with members, supporters, donors, and other organizations.
- Lead strategic conversations about event management and provide guidance and assistance.
- Maintain the Squash NL database in Club Locker and ensure appropriate users are trained as needed.
- Communicate effectively to a broad audience through social media and web platforms.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Completion of a post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree from an accredited college, technical institute, or university in a relevant discipline, and/or equivalent experience with ongoing professional development.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a leadership role, with focus in non-profit organizations.
- Experience overseeing organizational operations and advising a board of directors on organizational activities and planning.
- Budgetary planning, implementation, and reporting.
- Marketing and communications, and event planning management experience.
- Demonstrated communications experience including public speaking, media relations, social media, report writing and other areas of corporate communications; and,
- Experience in group facilitation
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Strong knowledge of leadership, project, financial, marketing and communications, human resource, management principles as they relate to non-profit/ voluntary organizations.
- Leadership, planning, management, superior time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, manage multiple tasks, and meet project deadlines with a high degree of accuracy.
- Knowledge of current community challenges and opportunities relating to the mission of the organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior computer software programs.
- Proven initiative and attention to detail.
The position is based in the St. John’s metro area; office space (shared with other organizations) is available, or the employee may work partially or fully from home, if desired. Some travel will be required.
Squash NL will initially support this position at $30/hour for up to 700 hours. Our intention, with the Executive Director’s help in grant writing along with continued sport and organizational growth, is to eventually have a longer-term, full-time Executive Director.
Applications can be submitted to the Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than May 12, 2021.